The weekend came and went rather quickly, but it had to be one of the best weekends I've had in quite some time. Jack picked up Beanie and I from my house and we headed straight down to Lavallette on Friday. Although Friday evening was rainy, Mike, Rootman, and I still made it out to Bar-A in Belmar. There were a decent number of people present at Bar-A that night given the weather conditions. On the way home, we ran into a few spots on Route 35 that were severely flooded. Although it took us a while to get back to Lavallette, Mike exercised caution and got us back to the beach house safely. On Saturday morning around 8 o'clock, Jack, Mike, Beanie, and I took a walk out to Ocean Beach. Rootman simply did what Rootman knows how to do in the morning; he stayed at the beach house and slept. As you will see later in the week, I managed to get several pictures of the ocean underneath the clouds and sunrise. On Saturday afternoon, we went to the beach for some tanning as well as some swimming! Jack, Mike, Rootman and I all went into the water. In the beginning, the water felt a little cold. Once my body temperature adjusted to the temperature of the water, it was actually rather refreshing. I spent about 20 minutes or so in the water before making my way back to the beach to work on my tan.
We played a round of mini golf at Blackbeard's Cave in Bayville, which was followed by dinner at this restaurant called Wang Sushi (Asian Fusion) located off Route 37 East in Toms River. Wang Sushi serves a wide array of Chinese and Thai dishes as well as sushi. The food was pretty good. We all had a wonderful time throughout the weekend. Stay tuned for pictures and videos later this week.




