In a few short hours, we get ready to enter into a new year that the miscalculated Mayan philosophy didn't believe we would ever reach. However, if the Mayans were so good at making predictions, they would still be here. Right?The Mayan's prediction was so strongly felt that a Chinese villager decided that he was going to build survival pods, designed to carry 14 people, in preparation of the End of the World that he was confident would be upon us on December 21, 2012. He believed he was going to "save humanity" and try to make a profit while doing so. The cost of the pods were $48,000 per pod. The average salary in his region was a little over $6,000. Shockingly, there were no buyers. EPIC FAIL. Somebody should've taught that jackass economics 101 and smacked him over the head with an ore! That probably would've only worked on folks who have the slightest bit of common sense to begin with.
Obviously New Years is once again upon us. Our old friend winter realizes that he really punked out last year. You'd swear he had a crooked dick, the way he released a snow storm on Halloween in October, but remained practically impotent the rest of the season. Not this year. No sir. He's striking back this year in serious fashion the way the Empire struck back in the 1980 installment of the memorable Star Wars Saga.
Ladies and gentlemen, I would just like to take a moment reflect on what was the year 2012. President Obama won reelection against challenger and former Governor Mitt Romney. This election concluded what is likely to be considered one of the least productive sessions of Congress in our country's history.
At the beginning of this year, in January, yours truly was granted a transfer from the New Brunswick office of my agency to Region One in the Newark office, which is closer to my place of residence. On March 26, my move to Newark was complete and my first day in the new office was under way. One could perceive that as a victory for yours truly this year. Summer was a decent time, as I had the opportunity to see a few friends and spend some time down at the shore.
The shooting at the movie theater in Aurora CO this past July, during the premiere of the Dark Knight Rises, was indeed a tragedy. Hurricane Sandy was an unfortunate natural disaster that devastated our fair state as well as a majority of the East Coast and cost thousands of folks their homes (as well as the lives of a few even less fortunate). Last but not least, the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown Connecticut was yet another tragedy; the biggest tragedy of them all knowing we lost the lives of 20 young children.
As a country, we have the ability to recover from tragedies and short comings such as this if we rediscover the courage and common ground to do so. We have in the past and we will in the present and future. The key to moving forward is to realize the past and not being afraid to act appropriately in the present and future. We can start by ending the ridiculous beliefs of false forecasts that the world as we know it is going to end. That would be a start. When N.A.S.A. feels the need to assure our government that the world is not going to end, that's when you know the world has reached a bizarre level of paranoia and lack of practicality.
In terms of the tragedies like the one we had at Sandy Hook Elementary, we can take extra precautions in our public schools by increasing the armed security on school grounds in order to prevent intrusions like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary. When children are shot and killed, that is no joke. That is a serious, somber, and emotional matter. We go out of our way to protect our state and federal offices throughout the country, yet elementary schools still remain the most susceptible to fatal attacks? Institutions in which our most innocent and vulnerable citizens are getting their educations in order to realize their dreams? What is wrong with that picture?
As for yours truly, I want to start some new stuff to help modify my way of life as it currently stands, but I will also incorporate some of the old habits and activities I participated in years ago that I enjoyed. Habits and activities in which I was successful. At the end of the day, if we don't know where we're coming from, how do we know where we're going?
Those who follow this site may remember a post that I published a couple of years ago, in which I pointed out a song by singer Jay Sean titled "2012". I published that post in August 2010, noting that I really admired and appreciated Jay Sean's artistic observation that the world was not going to end and that it would keep spinning around long after our respective departures in this lifetime.
We as a race will not see Armageddon in this life time. Our race will not see Armageddon in many life times to come following our existence. The world has been spinning for a long time prior to our entrances into this world. It will continue to do so afterwards.
Tomorrow night, ladies and gentlemen, family and friends, I will visit my friends Jeremy and Keeley who got married last month. I attended their wedding as well. I will celebrate New Years with them as well as the other guests they invite into their home. The ball will come down at midnight. The year 2013 will greet us once the ball comes all the way down. Whether it be Jeremy, Keeley, Aaron Honaker, or whoever is closest to me at that particular moment, I will hold true to my word from two years ago and tap that person on the shoulder as promised, and I will tell them, "We're still here. The world hasn't ended after all."
This is the final day of the year in which many fools believed we were supposed to be gone. LOL. Make the final day of this year count. Finish it strong. Finish it with a great day. A productive day. A day of celebration. A day of jubilation. A day with friends, family, and acquaintances. Hug them. Have a strong final day so that we may celebrate the entrance of a year that is expected to produce finer moments than its predecessor.
We are getting ready to cross the finish line of this strange year into a brand new year: a year that I hope will be a transitional year. Believe me when I tell you: Next year will be different and a proud man will personally ring in the new year properly tonight.
God bless and Happy New Year!




