Look at the dude in that picture right here. Fuck, I'd be damned if I didn't love him to fucking death! While I don't always love or condone what he does, he is one hell of a guy. His lease on life. His posturing. His personality (at least outside of work). His charm. His presence. His ability to take life as it comes, but also to say fuck it when the situation warrants it. I love it. I love him.Here is a little bit of bitching, followed by some valuable words of wisdom and advice. One moment, or even one week, I feel like I'm top of the world at work with closures flowing like wine. The next thing I know, the fucking place really has a tendency to piss me off. It is almost as if my experience at my job is bipolar. At times I sense some bias and maybe even some favoritism in the work place. All one can do is take each day one day at a time. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
Between losing my office phone service for a week, not having an operative voicemail system once the phone service returned, and being scrutinized for my mistakes more so than the rest of the folks in the unit, my job has felt like a fucking drag as of late. Like I said before, there are days when I feel like I am on top of the world. Last week, alone, I had four closures. Perhaps I should stop talking about both positive and negative work experiences on this site. I suppose, from the outside looking in, it bores the living fuck out of the reader. Sorry. I had to get that off my chest.
At the end of the day, most people have a need for affection and being liked. But it is very easy to make a mistake here and go about it the wrong way. While trying to get others to like you may seem like a simple and common solution, there is an alternative. One that I find works better. That alternative is to focus on liking YOURSELF more, rather than trying to get people to like you. Perhaps I should make it a point to pursue this ideology at work.




