• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

B-Money primed for Memorial Day and summer fun!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 // by REALTALK

Memorial Day weekend is on its way here, ladies and gentlemen. I just have one more work day, which happens to be Friday (payday), and then it's three days of Memorial Day weekend freedom. While I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing this weekend, I do know that it will be great feeling not to be at work. The forecast for Saturday, which I hear is going to be 80 degrees and sunny, is fabulous. I was thinking about possibly taking a trip down to Cape May and enjoying a ferry ride from NJ to Delaware, but I may also reserve that for my anticipated time off during 4th of July. In any case, B-Money is delighted that the holiday weekend is upcoming.

We are unofficially entering the summer season, which is one damn fine time of the year! The summer brings about days off, day and weekend trips to the shore, BBQs, and plenty of time spent out doors. B-Money is eager embark upon all of those activities and much more. The weekend after Memorial day weekend, a bunch of us will be heading down to Lavallette to enjoy a weekend get-together at Mike's shore house. Those who are likely to attend are Beanie, Jack, the Rootman, myself, and the Schloemer's are expected to make an appearance on Saturday of that weekend. The weekend is definitely going to be blast; we always have fun when we go down there. Hopefully the weather is nice.

During that weekend, a return to Bar-A in Belmar has been proposed for Friday night. The next day on Saturday, we'll be taking a trip to Blackbeard's Cave in Bayville to participate in a nice competitive round of mini-golf. We'll probably have lunch at Roy Rogers as well (there's not too many of them around anymore, but there is one by Blackbeard's Cave). We are going to make that weekend our bitch. These back to back weekends, Memorial Day and the Lavallette excursion, are just the launching pad to what I believe will be a tremendous summer of activity. Let's get it started, party peoples!

As I type this post and we are on the lovely topic of summer, Bachelor Number One's "Summertime" comes to mind.

Hello to your mother, your brother, significant other
I am the summertime
And I'm here to free your mind
Kick off your shoes, the blues, and use anything but your mind
Cause this is the summertime
And it's here to free your mind
CHORUS:
How many other people can you save today?
Don't you think it's high time that you sail away?
Leave today, don't fall behind
Try something new, turn into you if only for a short time
And feel your head recline
Kick off your shoes, the blues, and use anything but your mind
Cause this is the summertime
Repeat CHORUS (2X)
Hello to your mother, your brother, significant other
I am the summertime
And I'll be here to free your mind


Great song. I have it downloaded on my iPhone. Sound familiar? Closing credits in the original American Pie film. B-Money is ready for the summer. Yes, I am ready for the summer to free my mind!