B-Money and Realcombatmedia.com continue to maintain rapport and affirm their alliance!
Memorial Day weekend went by so fast, but it produced three beautiful days and I managed to fit in quite a bit of outdoor time. Yesterday I took a drive down to Seaside Heights and hung out down there for a little bit. Summer has unofficially begun and B-Money is looking forward to enjoying day and weekend trips to the shore and the pleasant leisurely activity that comes with that. While Memorial Day weekend may have come and gone like the wind, this is only the beginning of what I hope will be an active and fun-filled summer.
Sorry Mayans! The world is not ending this year, but I still intend to enjoy this summer to the fullest and get out as much as I can as if it was the end of the world. This coming weekend presents Mr. Mike's highly anticipated shore house excursion in Lavallette. It has been a while since the gang got back together, so we're all looking forward to this weekend. Originally, I was going to drive myself down after getting back to D-town on the train around 5:45 PM. However, I have decided to take a half day on Friday so I can get back in time to run a couple errands and carpool down to Lavallette with Beanie and Jackie boy. Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is going to be a fantastic occasion. From Bar-A on Friday night, to Blackbeard's Cave, to Roy Rogers, to the tanning and the beach time, this is what summer is all about.
The usage of performance-enhancing drugs is nothing new in the world of sports. Athletes have tested positive for banned substances in the history of baseball, football, and many other respective mainstream sports. By that standard, the sweet science is no different. Undefeated pound for pound king Floyd Mayweather’s firmly held demand for Olympic style drug testing (OSDT) has served as a bold message, enforcing the need to raise the standards of safe and clean sports competition across the board, for a number of years now. Perhaps the need to address such a demand was never as painfully apparent as it is at this time.
A couple of weeks ago, super lightweight champion Lamont Peterson was scheduled to defend his title in a rematch against Amir Khan. That fight was cancelled as a result of Peterson’s positive drug test. As if one failed drug test was not enough to give boxing’s reputation yet another unnecessary black eye, it was recently reported that former two-time welterweight champion Andre Berto had also failed a drug test leading up to his highly anticipated rematch with Victor Ortiz. Berto vs. Ortiz has also been cancelled, causing disappointment to fans who were looking forward to seeing the sequel of Ring Magazine’s 2011 Fight of the Year.
The road to prominence for Ortiz is one that has had its fair share of fortune, drama, and failure under baptism by fire. Following his memorable, toe to toe brawl with Marcos Maidana in June of 2009, in which Maidana won by 6th round TKO, Ortiz was labeled a quitter. Beaten both mentally and physically, he had garnered a reputation as a fighter who buckles under pressure in a tough fight. On a quest for soul searching, Ortiz won his next four fights against Antonio Diaz, Hector Alatorre, former lightweight champion Nate Campbell, and former super lightweight titleholder Vivian Harris.
Click here to view the entire article, or go to Realcombatmedia.com to read my article and many other great articles as well.
Realcombatmedia.com is on the rise as a media outlet in the world of boxing and MMA. Not a mouthpiece for any particular party, whether it be a promoter, manager, trainer, or athlete. No propaganda. Just facts. You get the news as well as exclusive interviews. I am delighted to be a part of their ascension. A special thanks goes out to founder Anthony Gonzalez, editor Scott Canipe, and all of those involved in granting me these tremendous opportunities.
Incidentally, the sport of boxing lost two superb warriors over the weekend. My heart goes out to the family of one prizefighter who passed away this weekend, as well as another prizefighter who suffered a severe career-ending injury. Five-time world champion Johnny Tapia, 45, was found dead in his home in Albuquerque, NM by a family member on Sunday night. Tragic news. I remember watching Tapia back in the day when I was a young teenager in high school. One of the most passionate boxers I have ever seen in my history of following the sport. He will go down in history as one of the best little men of his time, but his heart was heavier than any weight class he ever fought in. Mi Vida Loca will always be remembered in boxing history. RIP Johnny Tapia. I will miss you, as will the boxing world.
On Sunday morning in Atlanta, GA, two-time welterweight champion Paul "The Punisher" Williams was involved in a brutal motorcycle accident, which has abruptly concluded his professional boxer career and likely resulted in paralysis from the waist down. He remains in the hospital and is scheduled to undergo surgery on Wednesday. Williams was preparing for a September 15th showdown with WBC super welterweight champion Canello Alvarez. Although his boxing career is over, I pray that The Punisher will eventually be able to walk again. Defy the odds and the diagnosis Mr. Williams and get well soon.




