Temperatures went up to about 75 degrees today, which is a tremendous sign that our winter is behind us. The sun was out and I was outside during my breaks to take in the sunshine and get my share of Vitamin D. Tomorrow marks the first day of spring, so longer and warmer days are well on the way. The beginning of this month, March 1, 2010, was in fact my two year anniversary at DDS. As a result, I got a raise in my salary! Every little bit helps. I now get an additional $55 in each biweekly paycheck. My two year anniversary is a landmark.
This week happens to be another somewhat significant landmark in my DDS career. This week will be my final week working out of the New Brunswick office. This morning when I arrived at work a half hour early, I took some time to clean up the cubicle and take a number of my personal belongings out to the car. This really is quite a landmark, one in which will cut down my commute time and save me gas money as well as automobile mileage. A few of my coworkers and I plan to enjoy a happy hour at North Brunswick Pub on Route 1 as a congratulatory way of seeing me off.
Needless to say, I will dearly miss a number of colleagues in New Brunswick as well as the medical consultants who rated so many of my cases during my time there. They are truly knowledgeable professionals who have been doing their jobs in remarkable fashion just as I have been doing my job. One promise I have made to my coworkers is to return to New Brunswick for the occasional Friday evening happy hour at Harvest Moon in down town New Brunswick. As I have said before, that microbrewery has become a staple. I went there with a few of the guys this past Friday. They have a new beer called the Moonshine Barley wine, which has a 11.5% alcohol content and is served in a snifter. It is the beer special that replaced the Siberian Express Imperial Stout. Our coworker George ordered the Moonshine, as did I. When he saw the size of the snifter, he immediately thought it was merely a sample. The waitress assured him that's the normal serving size of that beer. After drinking the beer, he was feeling the effects of the 11.5%. LOL. I also had a Zythos Double IPA, which was tasty.
Starting Monday, I will be back on the train in my commute to work just as I did for the 14 weeks of classroom training in 2010. The commute is going to be deja vu, but I look forward to the prospect of saving some money. The commute is changing. The location is changing. I will be in a new unit with a new supervisor. This will be my third supervisor in what is my 2nd region in a two year time frame. Let me be clear about what is not going to change. What will remain in place is the exact same excellence and savvy that has produced results in New Brunswick to put me where I am today. Amongst my peers, B-Money has become one of the more outstanding producers in terms of case turn over and has also received a positive feedback for quality from the headquarters in Baltimore. Doctors throughout the office have also given me some wonderful compliments on my ability to recognize vital information in medical evidence.
Upon my arrival in Region One, I vow to remain the same guy I have presented myself to be for two years. I will be the guy who closes cases. I will be the guy who knows essentially key information to look for in determining a case. I will be the guy who knows how and when to get the evidence needed to determine a case. I will continue to be B-Money. Winning!





