Ladies and gentlemen, the long-awaited trip to Boston for Ray's 30th birthday and St Patrick's Day celebration has been cancelled. One of the people in the group had a personal family matter (totally understandable and acceptable reason), which made it rather difficult for the weekend-long Boston trip to transpire, so we are reverting back to the tradition of celebrating this annual event in New York City. While Boston would have certainly been a momentous occasion, I have absolutely no issue with a St Patrick's Day return to the Big Apple. I love going there on St Patrick's Day. Throughout the course of the fall, I frequented the city on numerous occasions and I look forward to going back there again on Saturday. I'll probably leave my house around 9:30 AM to walk down to the train station and take a train directly to NY Penn Station. There are a few places we will revisit, which will likely include 123 Burger Shot Beer, Brother Jimmy's, Angela's Deli, Central Park, and Bubba Gump in Time Square.
As may recall, mother nature was really acting up around this time last year. The weather was extremely bipolar between hot and cold temperatures. This year, however, we've had a mild winter which seems to have transformed into an early spring. Throughout the week, we've seen temperatures in the 60's and 70's. We've seen sunshine. During the breaks at work, more of my coworkers are going outside to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. They're getting their Vitamin D fix as am I, your humble correspondent. St Patrick's Day was a blast in 2011. I expect this year's festivities to at least be on par with last year.
On an entirely separate note, Happy Steak and Blowjob Day! That's right. March 14, one month removed from Valentine's Day, is Steak and Blowjob Day (Steak and Knobber day is also an acceptable name). Click on the link for details. My lovely lady friends, I could certainly go out for a delicious steak dinner after work if there are any takers who want to celebrate this fine American holiday with me, your humble correspondent. I can not make any guarantees of what will happen after dinner because we all know I am a good boy. However, the evening may very well turn out to be circumstantial and persistence has been known in the past to attenuate my will power!




