• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

First day in Newark!

Monday, March 26, 2012 // by REALTALK

After what turned out to be an extended process of waiting for my transfer to be approved by the director and NJ Department of Labor, coupled with the two month process of waiting for an official move date following that approval, I completed my first day of work in the Newark Region One office today. This is a victory that has resulted in a much easier commute for yours truly.

My new supervisor introduced me to the unit's case consultant as well as most of the doctors throughout the region,  a few of which I am already familiar with. We also had a unit meeting, at which time our supervisor supplied us with Dunkin Donuts munchkins, orange juice and other snacks. Compared to my cubicle in New Brunswick, my current cubicle is more spacious, has higher walls, and offers more privacy.  The totality of those benefits basically allow me to sit there and make stupid faces much easier without anyone seeing me. Woohoo - WINNING! (even though I don't really do that) LOL.

All joking aside, it was a nice introduction from the region. In return for the courteous welcome, I finished my first day in Region One with three closures. Not bad, I must say. From this point forward, it is time for B-Money to keep winning and kicking ass.