• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Happy Holidays folks!

Thursday, December 23, 2010 // by REALTALK

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that I have achieved a goal that I had originally set for myself in 2011.  On Wednesday night I bought a new car!  That's right; the Chevy Cavalier couldn't find it in it's heart to live through the winter season and make it to the spring season alive.  In a nutshell, the Chevy Cavalier said, "Bah Humbug, fuck you" and decided to call it a life one week ago. 

I was told the price to revive it is a $2,500 engine; at that point I felt like echoing the cars sentiments of "fuck you".  Instead I kindly let the car die off into the sunset, opting to put $2,500 and change towards the down payment on a beautiful Pontiac G6!  Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6; very nice vehicle.  It is a certified pre-owned 2007; approximately 35,000 miles on it right now.  I will be paying $207 per month with a 7.99% APR, which is not a bad deal at all.  So far everyone who has seen the car has shown their approval of it. 

Suffice it to say, this was quite a tiring week for yours truly, between the Chevy dying, having to rent a vehicle on a couple of a occasions to get to work, and going through the process of purchasing a new car.  Nonetheless, I'm thrilled that I finally have a new car!   There you have it folks. A goal that I had set out for myself the upcoming year was achieved this year.  Such a victory puts an exclamation point on what I feel has been a winning year for B-Money.  There are a number of resolutions I have for 2011.  Quite frankly, I say give me another 2010.  I will take another 2010 with a few new feats and victories. 

I talk about how exhausted I am from the events of the week, but my condolences go out to coworker Darrell Harris, whose Harbortown condo went up in flames on Sunday.  He and his family lost their home and everything in it;  thank God they are alright.  In a display of compassion, understanding, and generosity, employees in all three DDS regions - Newark, New Brunswick, and Trenton - were able to donate over $2000, as well as new toys for the kids, to the Harris family. My condolences to Darrell and his family.  I hope the money helps he and his family throughout this trying time.

Today I wrapped up my last day of work before Christmas, which will be here this Saturday.  I've been kicking ass in the work place with case closures, so a nice enjoyable holiday break is warranted.  As is the case every year, Christmas came unbelievably quick.  I'm off from work now until Wednesday, which will be my only day of work next week.  I'm off Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.  The time has come to relax, get some sleep, reflect upon how the year has played out, clear my head, and recharge my batteries as I embrace the holiday season.