• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

2010 year-end reflection

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 // by REALTALK

As we get ready to wrap up this year, I continue to brace myself for the Christmas. There is still some shopping that I have yet to complete, but not that much. This year will be remembered, for the most part, as a successful year for yours truly.  A year that saw change and learning experiences; the year was somewhat revolutionary. A course changer from where I had left off last year.  With Christmas and New Years coming up, I thought I would take some time to reflect on the positive highlights, occasions, and achievements that occurred throughout the year.  So what has happened in 2010?

1. Hired at DDS.  This was really the game changer that set the tone for the remainder of the year.  Approximately fourteen weeks were spent in classroom training in Newark, where I met a number of a characters in my training class.  I did reasonably well on all three three of the tests, which resulted in a 92, 98, and a 96 respectively.  From there, the class split up and relocated to their respective regions in June. To this day I'm still working in the New Brunswick office where I continue to close cases.  My goal for next year, should I make through the probationary period, is to campaign for a transfer to Newark.


Clockwise: Sean & I,
Billy & I, Sean Jr & I
2. Reuniting with brothers.  Late in the month of February,   I had to chance to see my brother Sean for the first time in 20 years, as well as his wife (my sister-in-law) Kristen for the first time, as well as my nephew Sean Jr for the first time.  Fun weekend.  A couple weeks later, my other brother Billy came to the states with his girlfriend Liz and spent the weekend at the house.  Another good time.  I was glad to see both of them again.  I will see them all again soon.







Pictured with Scott; May 1, 2010 -
After spending a night at the airport.
3. First time to Las Vegas; first time on a plane.  Yes, I'm sure it's hard for you to fathom, but I had never boarded a plane prior to my trip to Sin City this past May.  This was my first time going to Vegas.  I met up with my friend Scott as well as a couple of boxing friends who live on the West Coast.  We all went to the MGM Grand to see Mayweather vs. May on closed circuit.  Calm flight across the country. Lovely trip.  A return engagement is tentatively planned for late April.  Should Manny Pacquiao's next fight be scheduled and finalized for April 16 at the MGM Grand, that is the weekend I will be flying out there.


Sussex County College; May 22, 2010
4. Relay for Life.  In 2009 our team won the contest for most decorated tent.  However, we only sold about $50 worth of food (junk food, for the most part).  This year we didn't win any contests, but we did come better prepared with the help of a hot dog cart.  The hot dog cart ended up playing a major role in making the difference in our second consecutive year participating in the Relay for Life, as we ended up selling approximately $600 worth of food and beverage! Delicious sabretts; fast, easy, and only $1 a piece with condiments included.  All the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society.



September 23, 2010
 5. Passport.  We all must crawl before we walk.  Having boarded a plane and taken a trip across the country, it was essential that I get passport and I did just that in October.  Originally I had planned to go to Montreal for my 30th birthday, but there was only one other person who was able to meet that engagement, so I scratched the trip from the schedule all together. Rest assured, I will make good use of the passport for trips to Canada and other foreign countries in the future.









Wawa - Parsippany Troy Hills
Grand Opening; December 10, 2010
 6. Wawa in Northern NJ?? Wawas are limited to Southern NJ, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.  Or are they?  After eight years of waiting for a Wawa to cross over into the Northern part of the state, one finally opened this month in Parsippany Troy Hills.  As you already know, I am very happy about that. I went there the evening of the grand opening, December 10, 2010, just to check it out and purchase a drink and coffee.







7. Return of the Rootman Christmas party.  It had been a few years since the Rootman hosted Christmas at his house.  Nobody hosts Christmas parties quite like the Root family; that was once again apparent this year. This past weekend, I made the trek down to Cinnaminson to take part in the festivities, where Mrs. Root cooked dinner for us and we all exchanged gifts. Great decorations, nice village, delicious food, great company, and tremendous hospitality.



That's just to name a few. 

And honestly ladies and gentlemen, who could forget the visual of this lunatic???

Your humble correspondent, the purveyor of Realtalk, dressed up looking like a crazy-ass banana on steroids.
Well.  If you did manage to forget that visual, you have been reminded once again.  I'm nuts.  LOL.

There will be a special post, as we approach New Years Eve, to wrap up the entire year. Stay tuned.