After a long and somewhat stressful week in the work place, B-Money is getting ready for yet another fight night at Miami Mike's Sports Zone. Earlier today I was supposed to take a trip out to New Hope PA to have dinner with some friends, but I woke up too late today after a late night spent at the Kilkenny Alehouse in Newark. As a result, I decided to skip the dinner in New Hope and stay in the local area in anticipation of tonight's fight. Tonight is the fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, which marks yet another chapter in arguably the most fiercely competitive rivalry of modern boxing history.
Officially, Manny has taken two of their first three fights with the first fight in May of 2004 resulting in a draw. Fans are scattered as to whom they believe won their three encounters. I thought Pacquiao won the first fight 115-110, Marquez won the second fight 114-113, and Pacquiao won their third fight 115-113 last year. I look forward to seeing if one of these two warriors can pull ahead or possibly even score a stoppage in this fourth fight. Many people are picking Marquez to get the nod and finally defeat the Filipino sensation. For Pacquiao, this is an opportunity to beat Marquez impressively and redeem himself from the highly controversial split decision loss to Tim Bradley back in June. On the other hand, Marquez has another chance to defeat Pacquiao and have his hand officially raised in victory for the first time.
Analysts such as Max Kellerman have suggested that Pacquiao is getting a little better with each fight that he has against Marquez. He pointed out that Pacquiao showed an improved ability to adapt to Marquez's counter-punching style. We shall see what happens. Miami Mike's has traditionally been my locale for big PPV fights and it should be a terrific way for me to enjoy myself and escape the somewhat dark week I had at work. There will also be a ring card girl, Kayla, walking around the bar tonight. In all likelihood, I will be taking a picture with her as well.
Happy 81st birthday Bob Arum!





