• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

B-Money officially permanent; passes working test period!

Thursday, June 23, 2011 // by REALTALK

A little over a year ago, as I was getting ready to make the transition from classroom training in Newark to assuming the position of my job title in New Brunswick, I made a pledge right here on Realtalk. On June 3, 2010, with certitude, I stated to all of my readers:

"The civil service exam, interviews, and weeks of sitting in a classroom listening to a wide array of lectures (and frequent ball busting), and going through all of the practical mumbo jumbo has all finally lead to this moment.  The time has come to put what I have learned to work and put it to work I will do."

 As of 3PM today, my supervisor made the announcement, via the news he had received from a meeting with our regional manager, that all of the learning I had put to work in a year's worth of savvy, brillance, dedication, and overcoming adversity, had officially elevated me to permanent status as an adjudicator. ***APPLAUSE!!!!*** I will  now qualify for over time effective June 26, 2011.  There is no question that I will take advantage of the over time opportunities that are presented to me, not only for the extra money, but also to address a case load that is beginning grow substantially bigger. 

This is outstanding news!  This is probably the best news B-Money has received in the past few months. The road to permanence came to a glorious end today. It's hard to believe I've been involved in this field for almost 17 months and have been in New Brunswick for over a year now.  The time has come to maintain the excellence that has gotten me to this crucial landmark.  No longer a trainee or a journeyman, it is time to accept those opportunities for OT so I can get that paper and clean up the case load. You work hard on the inside so you can play harder on the outside.  You must put the work in if you want to play because life is a game to be won. 

Congratulations to all of my colleagues who also made it!