• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Birthday weekend in Lavallette marks pleasant exit from regular routine!

Sunday, April 17, 2011 // by REALTALK

B-Money is currently down in Lavallette at Mike's beach house, finishing up what has been a rather enjoyable weekend celebration of the BFF's birthday.  Those who attended the weekend excursion were Beanie, Jack, Greg Rootman Root, the Schloemers, and of course Mike himself.  I received my latest performance review at work Friday; 70% or better is needed to attain a satisfactory evaluation. Yours truly got 100%!  It was an ideal way to set the tone for the Beanie birthday extravaganza. The fact that Friday was a pay day also helped matters considerably.

Upon arrival in Lavallette on Friday night, our weekend began with a vivacious night of drinking at Hemingway's Cafe in Seaside Heights, where Jack, Greg, and I all bought rounds of shots for the birthday girl.  Even the bartender, who was pretty and had a fabulous body (great ass) treated us to a round of shots on the house. I also bought a martini for Beanie as well as a beer for Jack.  Hemingway's is a decent bar to go to, primarily if you want to hang out and have some drinks with a group of friends.  I've been there a few times already. The place has given me the impression that it is a couples' bar; not exactly the type of place one goes to pick up potential significant others.

Saturday was a pretty nice time as well. The roads on the island, along with Route 35, were flooded late last night due to the extensive rain storm.  Before it started raining heavily, we enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Fortune Buffet in Toms River.  I highly recommend that buffet for anybody who wants delicious Chinese food and sushi.  Afterwards, we all went to Hoffman's Ice Cream in Point Pleasant. Mike, Beanie, and Greg participated in the octopus challenge, which required them to eat eight scoops of ice cream in less than eight minutes. 

Not a single one of them beat the challenge, but I give them all an A for effort as well as being good sports about their stomach aches later in the evening.  I chose not to partake in the challenge at all.  Call me a pussy, but after big dinner at the buffet, I did not feel like getting sick to my stomach and throwing last night.  Additionally, it wouldn't do any further justice to the hard work I put in at the gym last week than has already been done throughout the weekend.  As a result of the few days I took off for this excursion of fun and junk food, I've got some work to do at the gym.

B-Money joins LA Fitness
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
LA Fitness has been the necessary remedy to the lack of Retro Fitness gym locations in my area. As a result of joining LA Fitness, I am no longer reduced to having to go to the gym right after I leave work in New Brunswick. I can make my way through the horrendous 3:30 grid lock in New Brunswick, get back home, and go to the gym when I am ready to go to the gym. Not only that, but I can also go to the gym on the weekends without having to drive 25 minutes out of my way to hit up the Fairfield Retro Fitness. Although I joined LA Fitness, I will probably still keep my Retro Fitness membership for a little while longer.

Prior to this weekend, I managed to go to the gym five days in a row: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  That is pretty good consistency.  This birthday weekend has been a brief but welcoming exit off the familiar path of regular routine.  Now that this exciting weekend of fun, junk food, and alcoholism has practically come to an end, B-Money will be getting back on the path to exercise, working out, and winning the day by passing my working test period on June 21, which leads to job permanence. 

B-Money is getting back on the path to prosperity. Back on the path to getting in shape again, as I have already begun to do at my new gym last week.  Back on the path to even greater living. Back on the path to further satisfactory job performances. Back on the path to warmer, pleasant weather and a nice beach body with firm abs; ladies gawking at me.  Upcoming anticipated events in the next couple months include the Relay for Life at Sussex County Community College on May 21, opening night viewing of The Hangover II on May 26, and of course, summer time.

Make money.  Get the mind, body, and soul right.  That will bring out the swagger.  Continue to progress in the right direction.  That's what B-Money is doing.  As I told Beanie and the rest of the gang over the weekend, I will be making frequent day trips (and sometimes, weekend long hotel visits) to the shore on Saturdays throughout the summer this year.  It will happen folks.  This is how 2011 is unfolding.  The year 2010 laid out the foundation.  This year I'm building a firm base upon that foundation.  Much like its predecessor, this year is once again unfolding as a winning year and I am going to keep that way. Charlie Sheen says he's bi-winning.  B-Money is Bry-winning. All across the board.

Victor Ortiz
New WBC welterweight champion
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Talk about the path to prosperity and greater living.  There's one young gentleman who has managed to take that path, through good and bad times, from a child hood of homelessness all the way up until present time.

Congratulations to Vicious Victor Ortiz for a tremendously inspiring title-winning effort over previously undefeated Andre Berto, in a memorable battle that is an excellent candidate for the Fight of the Year award in 2011. Ortiz, who was previously perceived as a quitter in his disappointing 2009 TKO loss to Marcos Maidana, showed maturity, courage, and heart in getting up off the canvas from two knockdowns, scoring three knockdowns of his own, and winning a unanimous decision over Berto.

That was a truly enchanting performance and outcome. Way to go Victor. On that night, in that spectacular fight, you were without a doubt Vicious!