On a weekend that consisted of a listless dinner date at Brick 46 that had me wishing I was out watching grass grow instead, the weekend still turned out to be a relaxing, low-key weekend. There was really not much to do last night, so I went ahead and ordered the Mosley vs. Mora PPV event. A coworker of mine, also a hardcore boxing fan who follows the sport religiously, reminded me that even though the PPV was $45 I could still mail in the Tecate (beer company sponsering the event) rebate form and get a $25 rebate. After the rebate, the price of the PPV is only $20.
All I have to say to that is, Thank God! The main event was not exactly what I would call crowdpleasing. Shane Mosley and Sergio Mora "battled" to a twelve round draw; the only thing worse about the fight than the fight itself was the decision. Mora barely won three of the twelve rounds. Mosley deserved the decision, but said in the post fight interview that he thought it was a good decision. Mora believes he won the fight. If the purchase of the PPV and the lackluster main event had any redeeming factor whatsoever, it would be the fact that it was still more exciting than the date on Friday night.
In regards to what will be happening for my big 30th birthday, an announcement will be released shortly. At least tenatively, it looks like the birthday may be taking place in Atlantic City - the king's old stomping grounds. Be on the look out for an announcement soon because it will be one hell of a time and I want to see you there! First thing is first - I'm looking forward to celebrating Jack's birthday in the River Edge/Hacksensack Bergen County area in just a few weeks.
Tomorrow it is back to work again and back to closing cases. I closed five cases last week. I actually had seven to close all together, but I simply ran out of time! LOL. When you only have 35 hours to a week to play with, these things can be expected to happen from time to time. Those cases will also go bye bye this week. As for right now, the weekend is not yet over. I am now heading out to enjoy the fall breeze and cruise around town with my sunroof open. Peace!




