• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

My three day weekend, Hurricane Harbor, and a fabulous night at Katmandu!

Sunday, August 29, 2010 // by REALTALK

My weekend in Princeton has been quite nice; such has also been my extended three day weekend.  I'm looking forward to my second consecutive three day weekend coming up for Labor Day.  Although I prefer Memorial Day to Labor Day, I'll gladly take another leisurely three day weekend nonetheless. 

*Interlude* On Facebook, my friend Jeremy noticed the picture in this post, which is now my default picture.  He left a comment saying: "dude...you look like a creeper watching some girl get dressed next door! lolol"  Thanks for the observation Jeremy; I usually try not to make it look that obvious!  Hahaha!

Mike, Jackie boy, Mr Root and I went to Hurricane Harbor yesterday, where we met up with Angie and the Schloemers.  We went on some water rides and had a nice day at the park, before eventually leaving and heading to Three Brothers Pizza for dinner. 

Last night, Mike, Jack, Greg, and I went to Katmandu, which has rapidly become one of our favorite places. We spent some time sitting in the outdoor section having some drinks, talking, checking out the fine tail walking in and out of the place, and listening to the music.  It was a nice, relaxing occasion.  Following our time outside, we went out to the dance floor where I danced with a few of the ladies.  At the end of the night, I was dancing with an older woman. I believe we would've danced for a longer period of time, and perhaps even more if I played my cards right, but the time had come to leave and head back to the condo. Certainly Katmandu is my favorite bar in South Jersey.  Obviouly I will not be going back to Philadelphia any time soon. LOL. 

The end of another fabulous weekend is approaching, as well as the end of the summer. The summer season, which is full of tanning, swimming, BBQs, going to the beach, summer love, and all these other pleasant endeavors, can really be wonderful movie with a beautiful story line if you let it. Those first couple weeks of September come around faster than we realize; it's like the credits coming down the screen at the end of the movie. That's when you know it's finally over. But there will be more summers and more great times.

The kid's big 30th birthday, as well as the planned trip to the great city of Montreal, is coming down the pike in November. I haven't been to Canada in eight years, so the king is long overdue for a profound return to the Maple leaf country.  Next year, as long as I have my way, trips to Amsterdam and possibly Ireland could very well be in the works.  An April or May return to Sin City is also quite probable.  I am also looking forward to the November opening of the Wawa currently being built in Parsippany.  It's about time Wawa made it's way up North!

Ladies and gentlemen, now that my vehicle has passed inspection, my auto insurance for 2010 is just about paid off, and my student loans are being paid sufficiently, I feel as though I am gradually putting myself back into a very good spot.  Now it's time to continue doing that. 

Tomorrow I'll be back to work again, where I will continue to close cases and bank money.