• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Spring has finally arrived!

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 // by REALTALK


We're progressing towards my time of the year!

That was a brutal winter we had here in the Northeast, but thankfully spring has arrived and the weather is gradually getting nicer from this point on. There's only 47 more days to go until Memorial Day so I'm pretty excited about the spring and summer months that are vastly approaching.

The days are getting longer. The leaves will be soon be growing on the trees again. Temperatures will be getting warmer. Hair will be getting lighter. Music will be getting louder. Drinks will be getting colder. Life will get better! As of late, my schedule has been occupied with over time on Saturdays, St Patrick's Day, and most recently Atlantic City Beer Fest.

Last month, I ended up meeting Mike in New York City for the St Patrick's Day Parade as well as some barhopping. It was just the two of us hanging out in the city, but it was still somewhat of a decent time. St Patrick's Day was my first time in the city since December 2012 when I went to see the tree at Rockefeller Plaza. We also made a long awaited returns to The House of Brews and Burger Shots Beer.  I love that place.

Saturday overtime has been plentiful, as well as healthy for my bank account, but by the same token it's been taxing. Working six days a week so frequently in this job can be a little exhausting. It got to the point where I elected to take a week off from working the overtime, not only because I needed a break but also because this past weekend was the Beer Festival in Atlantic City. Keeley, Jeremy drove into Atlantic City together on Saturday morning, We checked into our hotel room at Bally's Atlantic City Hotel and Casino and proceeded to the convention center to meet up with the folks joining us at the festival.   

Yours truly had a fabulous time at the Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival. The scene became extremely patriotic as the festival drew to a conclusion at 4PM, as hundreds of drunkards could be heard chanted, "USA!!!" I proudly chimed in. We went to the Irish Pub for dinner afterwards. Unlike last year, we did not get a prissy waitress who singled me out in the group by denying me a drink this time.No, this time I got served.  

The rest of the night was extremely wild. I remember us meeting up at the Bungalow Lounge and Restaurant on the Atlantic City boardwalk for additional drinks, but I don't remember us leaving. We eventually split up. I got lost. Woke up at the bus terminal in Bally's at 3:30 AM. Only God knows how I ended up there. Nonetheless, I made it back to the hotel room at 4AM where I was able to get some shut eye. That was Saturday night, in a nutshell, for you. What a crazy affair!

As we look into the future, I'm getting ready to celebrate my BFF Beanie's birthday in a couple more weeks. There are also some big boxing matches on the horizon, including the rematch this Saturday night between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley. I will be in attendance Miami Mike's Sports Zone in East Hanover, possibly joined by a couple of my work colleagues, to watch that fight. On May 3, Floyd Mayweather will be fighting Marcos Maidana for the welterweight championship of the world. I will be returning to Miami Mike's Sports Zone for that fight as well.

Once we've reached Memorial Day weekend, and the beaches are open for business, I'll be back in the habit of making my trips to the Jersey shore points for some leisurely activity including but not limited to time on the beach, boardwalks, and swimming in the water.  This summer is going to be a blast. Who's ready? 

I am.