• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Memorial Day Weekend approaches.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 // by REALTALK

You can not climb the ladder to success with your hands in your pockets.

At this moment, yours truly is embracing this warm weather and fresh air. The temperature went up to 84 degrees today. You can feel it. You can taste it. Breathe it in. Let it fill your lungs. Summer time is almost here folks! 

You're truly can not wait for all of the perks and activities that come with summer time: Trips the shore, beach time, barbecues, fire works, time outdoors, road trips with the windows down, and some days off from work. Before summer arrives, we must first enjoy the unofficial start to summer which happens to be Memorial Day.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up and a few of us will be heading down to the Rootman's place in Long Beach Island. I'm looking forward to this weekend of fun and leisure, as I have very little free time during the week. In the morning, I've gotten back to my early morning gym grind since returning from my vacation in Las Vegas. After the gym, I immediately rush over to the train station to take the train to work. I go to work. I take the train home. I have about two and a half to three hours to do what I need to do, whether it be emails, doing research online, preparing dinner as well as lunch for the following day, or preparing my workout for the next day. Usually by 9PM, I'm ready to go to bed so I can get up sometime between 4:00 AM and 4:30 AM. Constant grind, but hopefully it all leads to something.

The gym work will result in B-Money looking sharp and feeling better than ever. While I may be 32 years old, I'm remain privileged to receive compliments from people who tell me I could still pass for someone who is in his twenties. You know what?  I intend to keep it that way for as long as I can. Hence, the gym work, for that reason amongst a number of other reasons. With the summer time coming up folks, I want to have something picturesque to show off to watchful female eyes when I take my shirt off.  There will be plenty of beach time this summer.

Earlier this week I applied for Senior Claims Adjudicator, which is a promotional opportunity for yours truly. The position would not only garner B-Money an extra $10,000 a year, but also move me up the latter a little bit more after having worked there for a little over three years. If one can move up, one must attempt to seize the opportunity and seize the day. The application for the civil service test has been filed and paid. We're looking at about a four to six week waiting period for the application to be processed. After the application is processed, I should be receiving a notification in the mail informing me of my test date and test site.

This is the year of B-Money ladies and gentlemen. This is a year of hard work and dedication, but by the same token, also a year of leisurely fun-filled vacations when I get the opportunity.  You can not climb the ladder to success with your hands in your pockets.