• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Spring arrives!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 // by REALTALK

Nobody can complain whatsoever about the way the weather has played out the last few days. Yesterday the temperature broke 70 degrees. Today the temperature went up the 82 degrees and the sky was clear and sunny. It felt pretty sexy outside.

Unfortunately I was inside my office for most of it, but I did manage to get outside and walk across the street to the park to get some sun. Spring is upon us and yours truly could not be more thrilled about that.  

Over the weekend, I made the trek down to South Jersey to meet up with the Martinsens and company for the 2013 AC Beer and Music Festival at the Convention Center in Atlantic City, NJ.  They were courteous enough to let me stay with them on Friday and Saturday night, which I was very grateful for.

They're great people and long-time friends dating back to the college days at Stockton. The beer fest was enjoyable as well as amusing to some extent. There were over 90 breweries present as well as an excess of 15,000 people enjoying the festival. There was only one men's room and ladies room for all of those folks. LOL.  What alcoholics fail to take into account in the moment is the fact that the stuff comes back out of you like anything else you consume. Hence, long lines going into the restrooms, along with some melodic belching while waiting.  Overall, a very good time was had by all.

Three weeks from tonight at 9:35 PM, B-Money will be boarding Flight 199 for my flight across the country to Las Vegas.  Three years later, practically to the day, the kid will make his long-awaited return to Sin City. Fight week (Mayweather vs. Guerrero at the MGM Grand May 4). Pool parties. Hanging out. Taking trips out to the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam, and into the desert. Tourism and a bunch of other fun shit. Ladies and gentlemen, let the countdown begin. 

Undoubtedly this trip is the biggest event of the year, in a year that will be filled with a series of enjoyable occasions, for yours truly.  I'm taking Jetblue again, which is a company I have to give props to. Their service is first class and they have direct, round-trip flights from JFK to Las Vegas. What more could I ask for?