• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Nor'easter? No Thank you. I'd much rather wait a few more weeks for Happy Easter!

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 // by REALTALK

Apparently we have another nor'easter coming our way on the East Coast. The forecast is calling for heavy winds and snow, but I've had just about enough of this winter. Winter is one of the four seasons that we technically have to face twice a year. It begins in the third week of December and ends the third week of March.

Spring and summer come and go like the wind, but this shit seems to drag out each and every year. Ironically, this is also the season in which weather forecasters seem to get the most excited - almost to a degree of sounding morbidly enthusiastic. They give the weather forecast as if they enjoy making the viewers panic: "Oh my God - Wind! Snow! A lot of flooding is coming your way! Devastation!" Winter needs to do us a favor and take a hike.

B-Money is primed and ready for the spring, which will officially begin in about two weeks. Spring could not come soon enough.  As you all know, the trip is Vegas is set to take place the first week of May and will proceed into Cinco De Mayo weekend for the Mayweather vs. Guerrero fight.  Aside from that, I'm looking forward to the warmer temperatures as well as well as participating in outdoor activities. As of late, yours truly has been getting up early in the morning as much as possible and heading over to the relatively new LA Fitness location.

Muscle Maker Grill is an awesome place to eat if you're taking care of yourself and looking for healthier meals. I've eaten there a few times already. A coworker and I ordered take-out from Muscle Maker Grill today at lunch time; there are two of them in Newark (one on Market Street and one on Broad Street). Today I ordered the Yee-ha! Wrap, which consists of grilled chicken breast, turkey bacon, western potatoes, and zero carb signature sauce. It also came with a side of baked potato. Delicious.

If I'm going to have a tremendous year compromised of winning, prosperity, and success, then I need to look, feel, and function like a champion. Along with putting the work in at the gym, it's imperative that I keep work-related matters as well as financial endeavors flowing in the right direction as well. As I mentioned in the previous article, my latest financial goal is eliminate the credit card debt and save at least $2,500 for a down payment on a (preferably rent-to-own) property.  That is something that B-Money has in his sights and is currently working towards.

Overtime is scheduled for Saturday, March 9th and I will be going in from 9AM to 2PM. Following March 9th there won't be any overtime for a while, which will momentarily bring a halt to my overtime income but also provide me with freedom on Saturday mornings again. Basically it's a catch 22.

In the coming weeks and months, be sure to stay tuned to Realtalk, as there will be much to cover and many good times to be had. You can also follow Realtalk's Twitter page. Feel free to follow B-Money on Instagram as well. This year, we're going to make it do what it do!