Hopefully everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and had plenty to be thankful for. My family feast was certainly a nice one. I had plenty of turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and the delicious red velvet cake that I happened to pick up for desert. B-Money is thankful for mom and her wonderful cooking, the job that I have, the money that I am earning, my knowledge and insight, my lease on life, my family and friends, you the readers, and most importantly, the fact that I live to see another day. Over all I am happy with the way the year has played out, but there is still plenty more to do and I am still a work in progress at the distinguished age of 30. I am thankful for the sport of the boxing; not nearly people are thankful for the underrated sweet science. Tonight I have the privilege of watching a triple header edition of HBO World Championship Boxing. In the main event, lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez defends his title against former title challenger Michael Katsidis.
Also on the card, undefeated WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto defends his crown against Freddie Hernandez and Celestino Caballero makes his debut at 130 pounds against Jason Litzau.
Marquez is a clear favorite to defeat Katsidis tonight. However, boxing is often the theater of the unexpected. Katsidis recently lost his brother.
Will the curse of the opponent's lost family member haunt Marquez??? As boxing fans remember back in 1990, 42-1 underdog Buster Douglas, who had lost his mother, was a BEAST in Tokyo when he knocked out defending heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, so stranger things have happened! The card is taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where I watched Mayweather vs. Mosley via closed circuit in May.




