• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Pleasant November!

Friday, November 12, 2010 // by REALTALK

My birthday celebration in Atlantic City was nothing short of spectacular.  A number of folks came down on Saturday night to celebrate with me.  We did go to Regal Cinema on Black Horse Pike to see the movie Duedate, which I thought was hillarious. I was sitting in my seat cracking up like a maniac. 

While The Hangover was probably more of an instant comedic classic, Zach Galifianakis's character in Due Date probably turned out being funnier than Fat Jesus!  Realtalk highly recommends going to see Due Date; I will be purchasing the DVD when it's released.  There was a change of plan for dinner on Saturday.

Originally I intended for us to have dinner at Country Kitchen on the boardwalk, but inevitably succumbed to the thrill of having dinner at Hooters instead.  Great time. Great waitresses.  Our waitress, pretty blond chick, had a lovely shape and an amazing ass.  After our dinner at Hooters we headed over to this lounge called Planet Rose, which happened to be hosting a karaoke night.  I took a crack at the karaoke, getting up in front of the crowd and seeing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey.  Overall I had an absolutely wonderful birthday weekend. It was awesome to be back in Atlantic City, which happen to be my old stomping grounds when I used to work at PF Chang's.

The month of November has been a pretty pleasant month in terms of my leisure time and days off from work. My work schedule has been bipolar to say the least. I enjoyed a nice four day weekend for Halloween, as I took off from work November 1 and was off November 2 for the mid term election. After going back to work for a brief two-day work week just to keep the work load in check, I was off again for my birthday on November 5 and November 8, which produced my second consecutive four day weekend. This week I went back to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, only to have off from work yesterday for Veteran's Day. Off today. Today I went to work and now the weekend is here again. 

At work today I received word that I will in fact be off from work on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving), so that will be another four day weekend for me.  Governor Chris Christie originally sent out a memo that the day after Thanksgiving would be a regular work day for state workers.  Sorry big boy, but you definitely lost that battle to the unions.  B-Money will be making his rounds that Friday and those rounds will not include DDS! There you have it: Three four-day weekends in the month of November. Unprecedented. It has been a bipolar schedule in the month of November, but a damn good month in the process!!

WORTH MENTIONING:

Bill Maher probably had the best line of the month in the November 5 edition of HBO's Real Time, which reviewed the November 2 midterm elections as well as the winners, losers, and thought process of the voters.  Maher was quoted as saying:

"A special shout-out to the independent geniuses, who switched sides again because President Chocolate Jesus did not make it rain twenties in two years."

You know what, you independents, if you can vote for Bush one year, and then the next election vote for Obama, and then go back to John Boehner, you're not independents, you're schizophrenic. You're Norman Bates, sometimes you dress up as your mom and kill sluts in the shower, and sometimes you put on pants and mop up.

Well, congratulations America, on Tuesday you put on the dress and killed again."

LMAO.