• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Jay Sean's got it right - the world keeps spinning around!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 // by REALTALK

I would like congratulate and give props to the young British Indian rap singer-songwriter Jay Sean on his hot new single 2012 ft. Nicki Minaj, as he passionately preaches what the millions of people in this world who fear Armageddon should already know: the world keeps spinning around.  That's right. 

Regardless of how important many of us may think we are, as relevant as we like to believe our presence is in this world, we are merely a brief microscopic appearance of human matter compared to the endless existence of the world that we are privileged to live in each day that we are still alive.  To all the paranoid folk, please don't believe the revenue generating, fear inciting hype! Stop worrying! The world has existed billions of years prior to the respective dates on which we were ALL born.  Guess what???  Little old you being here isn't likely to bring an end to it two years from now! 

There are some people who probably hate their lives so much that they want to see the world end.  On the other hand, there are authors and commentators who write books about Armageddon and the end of the world, only to collect the paychecks funded by the curious and fearful people who will pay the money to buy those books and scare the shit out of themselves.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news to all of the miserable folks out there who think the world is going to end, and probably want it to end, but the world is going to outlast ALL OF US. 

You really want to know what's going to happen in 2012??  The Olympics will happen in London, England.  November will be the next US Presidential Election between President Obama and whatever tea party cum guzzling Republican candidate chooses to step up and challenge him.  I will probably still be closing cases at my job. I will still be posting on this site, and you will still be reading it! :)  Soon enough, New Years Eve will come around, I'll be out "turning it up, mashing it up, partying like it's the end of the world" and then something that will probably come as a shock to many of you will happen when the bell tolls midnight. 

We'll celebrate a brand new year - 2013 - at which point I will gently tap the shoulder of the friend who is closest to me at that moment.  I will tell that friend, "We're still here.  It isn't the end of the world, after all.  Because the world keeps spinning around."  You see, when I party, I party like it's the end of the world anyway.  Not because a few scarecrows cry Armageddon in order to insight panic and earn a couple bucks, but because life is too damn short and the kid just likes to have a good time! Again, props to Jay Sean on an uplifting, wonderful song.  I think it's great.