• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Hot fun in the summer time!

Saturday, July 24, 2010 // by REALTALK

The temperature outside was 92 degrees on Saturday; this has been a really hot summer thus far.  Nevertheless, I am happy to be enjoying another beautiful weekend.  Work has been work, but I'm thankful to be gainfully employed.  Currently I am enjoying a quite Saturday night, alone. Sometimes, I like the quiet down time.  Actually it is now early Sunday morning.  I'm just watching some movies and drinking White Zinfandel.

Summer is a great time of the year and last weekend was a nice time down at the shore.  I stayed with some friends down in Lavallette and took a day trip Wildwood.  It was way too scorching hot to be walking around on a wooden boardwalk, but there was a car show with many different classic cars taking place on the boardwalk.  In Ocean Beach on Sunday, we went to beach and went swimming in the water, which was pretty warm as I had predicted.  When you have about a month and a half of days with temperatures over 90 degrees, common sense dictates that the ocean water will also warm up over time.  Swimming around in the ocean was reinvigorating and pleasant.  Thankfully, no sharks.  LOL. 

Last night I saw the movie Inception, directed by Chris Nolan, starring Leonardo DiCaprio.  If I spoiled the ending by posting that link, then so be it.  Reading the synopsis hopefully makes more sense than the movie itself does.  To put it quite mildly, the movie was too long and drawn out and jumped from scene to scene too quickly with all of the shooting and explosions. Whatever point the "story" was trying to make, it failed to do so from my perspective with all of the meaningless different scenes, characters, and settings! There were couples making out in the theater and some people were walking out on the movie.  After the two hour mark, I just had to step out of the theater for about 30 minutes or so.  In my opinion, that is a very overrated movie but most of my colleagues enjoyed it. Mr. Nolan, stick to directing the Batman series! 

Next weekend B-Money will be heading back down to shore for a day trip on Sunday.  CD will be staying down in Seaside Heights for a week with her family, so I plan on taking a day trip down to Seaside Heights around 8AM or so to spend the day out on beach tanning as well as more swimming in the beautiful ocean water.