• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Hired with DDS!

Friday, February 05, 2010 // by REALTALK

The State of B-Money's Union Address!

In this incredible breaking news, it is with tremendous pleasure and pride that I announce my new job with the state of NJ!!!!!!!!!!! At 11:53 yesterday morning, I received a phone call from a representative of the New Jersey Department of Labor informing me that I have been hired with Disability Determination Services.

I am a Claims Adjudicator Trainee who will begin training in Newark on March 1. Ladies and gentlemen, I can not even begin to tell you just how stoked I am. B-Money is fired up, geared up, and ready to go. After what was an extensive hiring process, I finally received that wonderful news yesterday morning. This is a major victory on my behalf - a major victory. First big victory of the New Year. First big victory in at least 13 months!

This job is resulting from a civil service exam I took in September of 2008. In December I received two notifications from the NJDOL, one from the New Brunswick office and the other from the Trenton office, asking if I was still interested in the job. Of course I was interested! I interviewed for the job on January 4. Exactly one month later, on the morning of February 4, I learned that I got the job and will be working out of the New Brunswick office upon successful completion of the classroom training in Newark. I am totally ecstatic. Thank you God. All things happen for a reason. This is indeed a new year, a new decade, and a new beginning. The year 2010 is already showing a bigger, brighter face than its predecessor.

Let it be known that I intend to give 110% of myself come March 1. There's a saying I once heard, "go hard or go home." Each and everyday, after the class room training, I will do the studying necessary to learn all aspects of this job. I will also be going to the gym so I can get into physical shape and stay in shape. Take it as a resurgence of sorts, if you will. It is time to become more centered. For a while, throughout most of 2009, I went the wrong way on my path and got lost, but it is time to come back to the path that leads to prosperity and life as I know. We are better served to learn from the past, or else we're doomed to repeat history in the future.

The time has come for change. The time has come for direction. The time has come to get my life in order and live it the way I see fit. That is exactly what I set out to do come March 1. Back in December, I posted a number of New Year resolutions that I have for the year 2010. At that point, I mentioned this state job and the fact that I could be working for the state in a couple months. That prospect has become a reality. Now it's time to make the other resolutions a reality. Patience. Fiscally conservative spending habits. Increased traveling. Taking opportunities that come my way. I would have to say that I have been pretty patient throughout this whole hiring process.

How about increased travel??  I must say that did not take very long at all, LOL.  Come February 20, I will be making a pilgrimage down to Manchester, MD where I will reunite with my brother Sean as well as his wife Kristen and their son (my nephew) Sean, Jr.  That should be a delightful time; they're having me over for dinner and they're going to cook me some delicious Italian food.  Simply glorious!

In terms of opportunities that have come my way, I conducted my first ever interview with a professional boxer - undefeated junior lightweight contender Mickey Bey Jr. The interview was a success and I have my hot dear Canadian friend Jeanette K to thank for that opportunity. Come next week, I will be interviewing a couple more boxing luminaries - former IBF junior featherweight champion Steve Molitor as well as his trainer Chris Omar Johnson. I'm looking forward to speaking with both of those gentlemen, as well as other boxers and trainers in the near future. That's taking advantage of opportunities for you!

At the same time, let us not forget the tough times that the country as a whole is going through.  Surely I will not forget the difficult time I went through to finally get to this stage.  Even more so, I will not forget or lose touch with the fact that this country has a 10% unemployment rate.  I hope President Obama gives his greatest effort in reducing that rate and putting others back to work as well.  I wish him plenty of luck and success in that endeavor.  I'm pretty sure he's serious about his responsibilities, just as I will be serious about mine in the new job ahead, as well as the steps I took to make it happen. 

As the economy is on a slow path to recovery, I intend to fix and strengthen my own personal economy. My life is my world and I view myself as the President of that world. In my world, I don't spend money I don't have. As a result, I intend to maintain fiscally conservative spending habits. Will I spend on leisure activities? Absolutely. It's important to spend sometimes. However, I will be doing so on a solid budget that I am going to establish very soon. Furthermore, I plan to donate some money both to the Haiti relief as well as the American Cancer Society, for which the gang and I will once again be participating in the Relay for Life on May 22 at Sussex County Community College. We're all happy to be a part of that function once again.

This weekend will not only be a celebration of my triumph, but more importantly a celebration of my good friend Mike Milek's 27th birthday. ***applause***. Happy Birthday Mike! I'm looking forward to heading down to Princeton later today, when Jack Horowitz picks me up at my house and escorts me down there. LOL. You have to appreciate these young chaps who offer to drive their elders from one destination to another. I'll be hooking Jacky boy up with some gas money, so it's all good. Right now I'm on a cloud nine people. We're starting the year off with a bang!