• LinkedIn
  • Join Us on Google Plus!
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Five days into the new year, I encounter a giggling and farting little boy!

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 // by REALTALK

First of all, let me say Happy New Year to everyone. As the arduous 2009 is clearly behind us, a new year as well as a brand new decade is finally upon us. Where do we go? What do we make of it? What will you make of it? A friend of mine texted me on New Years Eve with a message that said, "Happy New Year! Together we laughed so hard and we shed tears. Can we keep the laughter going another year?"


Such a message could be construed as perceptively farsighted. Can we keep the laughter going another year? Well for your information, some random little kid who was just sitting next to me farted. Twice. Really loudly. For a moment there, it even smelled. It didn't smell for very long, though. After the smell cleared, I kind of laughed. Even I don't do THAT in public. So there you have it.

Anyway, New Years weekend was a grand old time down at the Milek beach house in Lavallette. New Years Eve was well spent at Bamboo Bar, with the cover charge amounting to $35 rather than the $30 that I mentioned in a previous post. Who cares? I had a lot of fun. Between Tony's Pizzeria in Neptune City, Little Mia's in Lavallette, the beautiful sky at Point Pleasant, and our usual Seaside boardwalk excursion, the weekend was quite enjoyable.

Mike gave me a gift card to Macy's. Angela and Jack each gave me gift cards to Best Buy, amounting to a total of $45. Chris gave me a $20 giftcard to Starbucks, which I gladly used to purchase a cup of coffee this morning. Greg gave me some handy dandy tool, which will probably be put to use sooner rather than later at a time in which I do not expect.

More on that later, as there are many pictures and videos yet to be posted. Stay tuned - and stay warm.