You may remember former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, the man who was arrested for attempting to auction off President Obama's seat in the Senate in December 2008. In an interview that Blagojevich recently did for the February 2010 edition of Esquire magazine, he made the following statement, I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little Laundromat in a black community not far from where he lived.... I saw it all growing up.That has to be the first ridiculously retarded comment of the decade. What the fuck? Blagojevich has since retracted those statements, admitting that it was a stupid thing for him to say. Regardless of his apology, that interview will probably still be published in the February issue of Esquire.
When a political figure makes a statement like that to the public, using that vernacular, I'm sorry but it's politically incorrect and retarded. That could be construed by many as a hasty generalization and stereotype that suggests the limit of capability for blacks is typically to shine shoes. Shitty choice of words to say the least. Major slight on behalf of the former governor.
Not even Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who described Obama as a light-skinned African-American with no negro dialect, sounded as stupid as Blagojevich did. However, both statements have drummed up their own respective controversy. Republicans are calling for Reid to resign. As for Blagojevich?? He was impeached in January of 2009.
photo courtesy: urbanchristiannews.com




